Thursday, July 28, 2011

thursday's backtalk

Well, today my back is not happy. I took my vicodan, ate my breakfast, put on my lidoderm patches and when I sat down my sicatica flared up . What's with that? The nerves seem to have their own agenda. I hobble when I walk the dog. I need to find some school papers in a box. I imagine I look like this>

Unfortunately for all, I do not. I have found that I can fill and empty the dish washer if I kneel on the floor. I mean what am I gonna do ?. My husband, bless his heart, already does all the cooking. He is a real nurturer. Thank God, Without him I'd be in a bed eating peanut butter sandwiches day after day.

I imagine that I can do this>  Huh!

Then I think how lucky I am . It could be a few hundred years ago and I could be part of a tribe that cannot take care of their feeble and pathetic. I could be left on an ice flow to die. That sounds pretty miserable.

My pain management doctor told me this morning that it might be just a year until there is a sealant that I can have injected into the defective disc and it will cure me. Only a year! and then maybe I can do that (above). I need to just perservere and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment