Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Let's talk about the drugs...

Of course there are drugs involved with trying to manage this back pain. Anyone who tells you they get along fine without any is a) lying or b) does't have the kind of back pain I do. Before this episode in my life I was not a big drug user. Yes, the lipitor, the baby aspirin, the low thyroid pill but not any of the heavy stuff. And I must say I always was a bit  intolerant of people who "got addicted to pain killers" Yeah, right I thought. That sounds like a good excuse to feel loopy.
  But now it is another story. I would not feel pain if I lay down all day and all night. But getting up requires pressure put in bad places and the pain I have felt is breathe taking. So, I've taken advil until I was getting an ulcer (8 a  day for 6 months) and vicodan for 6 months but nothing absolutley blocks it out. I've taken them together, I wear lidoderm patches and I honestly dont' know what to do next. I need to be on my feet to work. So, it 's a conundrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment